Monday, May 23, 2011

Mikes French Toast


A number of years back I developed an infatuation with a young lady named Nina. Although I was crushed the relationship didn't go any where, I did get what became my favorite French Toast recipe.

The ingredients are for one person and a modest serving.

2 Eggs-beat up
@ 1 Tbl water-added to egg mix for fluffiness
1/4 teaspoon of each of he following mixed in to egg
-Allspice
-Nutmeg
-Sage
-Poultry Seasoning

Mix well, soak bread well (I prefer bread to be sliced about 3/4 inch thick.

3 slices of Italian bread work well. You will cook this the regular, not the irregular way.

BUT Before you heat your pan to medium high, do the following.

Heat @3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce in a microwave container. Add cinnamon to taste.

You will get the hang of this. I usually heat the applesauce about 1 minute as I am turning the French Toast over.

Top the French Toast with the warm/hot applesauce. It is filling, tastes great but doesn't leave that proverbial lump in your stomach as when you use syrup as a topping.


Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. This is the same french toast my ex-wife Nina used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the relationship man. My ex-wife took my family recipe book in the settlement. The point is I feel you man.

    ReplyDelete